Major Markets: Automotive
Building relationships. BMW, Daimler, Chrysler, General Motors, and Volkswagen choose Hitchiner® for reliability, quality, and best-in-industry value. Major Tier 1 suppliers such as Cummins Turbo Technologies, BorgWarner, Bosch, the Timken Company, and INA likewise know Hitchiner as the go-to supplier for their investment casting needs.
The same competitive advantages that uniquely qualify Hitchiner® processes for high-performance, fuel-efficient applications such as turbochargers and fuel rail function blocks, rocker arms and RA shaft assemblies, and intermediate lever programs extend easily to many others. When parts programs call for ready-to-use or fully finished and assembled investment castings in high, moderate, or low volumes, Hitchiner® is the supplier of choice.
Pushing the limits. One of the world's highest capacities and integrated engineering and production flows through Hitchiner's® US and Mexico Operations meet critical needs for just-in-time manufacturing and on-time delivery. Collaborative and expert development, production, and delivery planning customize programs for the customers production stream. Full-service machining, finishing, coating, heat treat, nondestructive testing and part assembly simplify and streamline programs for maximum efficiency and lowest cost.
Perhaps most importantly, Hitchiner processes are uniquely well-matched to the high-temperature, high-pressure applications demanded by today's trends toward increased fuel efficiency and tightening environmental controls.
Delivering value. Hitchiner® people stand ready to exceed expectations and build relationships based on respect, trust, knowledge, quality, and value. As a result, Hitchiner®-made parts work for automotive manufacturers and their suppliers.
- Trust. Long-term relationships with industry leaders
- Knowledge. Decades-long automotive industry experience
- Collaboration. Expert development, production, and delivery planning
- Freedom. Simple or complex, thin or thick castings
- Precision. Ready-to-use, near-net shape results
- Process. Unique fit with automotive industry trends
- Capacity. One of the world's highest for right-sized volumes
- Production. State-of-the-art, integrated engineering and operations
- Full service. Post-cast and assembly operations
- Delivery. On time and just in time
Fuel-efficient, high-performance automotive components cast using Hitchiner's® countergravity processes are uniquely well suited for these parts and applications areas:
- Turbocharger wheels
- Fuel rail function blocks
- Actuator rods
- Rocker arms
- Intermediate levers
- Steel pistons
- Fuel cell
- Direct injection system
- Variable valve timing
- Exhaust gas regeneration